Books & Equipment Hire Policy
Please note that this policy applies to all books or equipment belonging to DeenGate or property belonging to an external party lent out via DeenGate.
- Please do not fold (dog-ear) the pages.
- Please do not highlight or mark the book with a pen. You may use feint pencil marks.
- Don’t eat or drink next to a book
- Don’t touch a book with dirty or wet hands
- Don’t leave a book out in the sun
- Don’t bend back a binding.
- Current members of DeenGate website and certain categories of external users may borrow from the Library.
- Loans may normally be renewed if the book is not required by the Library for another user. Special rules may apply for items in high-use categories.
- DeenGate materials on loan to one person may not be transferred to another. The person in whose name the loan is made is solely responsible for the safekeeping and due return of items loaned.
- All materials borrowed must be returned within the stipulated loan period.
- Items on loan may be recalled at any time if required for the use of another reader. Failure to return recalled books on time may result in your borrowing privileges being restricted.
- Late return of materials borrowed, may result in suspension of borrowing privileges and access, in the case of external user categories.
- Where an item is lost or stolen, returned damaged, or not returned after a reasonable period of time, the borrower will be charged for the item at replacement cost.
- Please keep in mind that this is an Amaanah (trust) which the borrower is responsible for upholding.